Watch Warehouse ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Watch Warehouse of PO Box 7549, Colwick, Nottingham, NG4 2YG.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.watchwarehouse.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Companies we work with. We work with some 3rd party agencies to allow us to improve the performance of website and to personalise your experience. www.reviews.co.uk, www.mailchimp.com and www.cloudiq.co.uk are concerned with email contact. Netdespatch and Royal Mail will contact you regarding the delivery of your order. Smarter Click (www.smarterclick.co.uk) will collect your email address with your consent to allow us to send you offers and deals. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Watch Warehouse or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at PO Box 7549, Colwick, Nottingham, NG4 2YG OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser.The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit us again. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our payment services providers may also send you cookies.Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking 'Tools', 'Internet Options', 'Privacy', and selecting 'Block all cookies' using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
Administer the website.
Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
Enable your use of the services available on the website.
Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website.
Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
Send you WatchWarehouse newsletters and other marketing communication relating to WatchWarehouse by post, by email or other technologies. You can opt-out of any marketing communication when you make a purchase through WatchWarehouse or by unsubscribing from emails – this functionality can be found within any emails you receive from us.
Share with partnering companies for competitions, or other promotional activity so they can market to you. You will always be made aware of who your data will be shared with at the time of entering into a competition and/or promotion. You will also be given the option to opt-out.
Provide third parties with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. If you believe we have wrongly passed on your data to a third party you should contact email@example.com, expressing your wish to be removed, along with information of who you have been contact by.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If our entire business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held will be one of the transferred assets.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
to the extent that we are required to do so by law
in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
International data transfer
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
We are registered under the data protection act, details below: Our data protection registration number is ZA133683
Cookies on this Website
Cookies enable us to make this site easier to use, to support the provision of information and functionality to you, as well as to provide us with information about how this site is used so that we can make sure it is as up to date, relevant and error free as we can. Further information about the types of cookies that are used on this site are shown.
Preventing cookies is likely to impact the functionality or performance of this site, or prevent you from using certain services provided through it. If you choose to prevent cookies, we cannot guarantee access to the services provided through this site or be sure how this site will perform during your visit. Doing so may also affect our ability to update this site to cater for user preferences and improve its performance.
The types of cookies we currently use on this Site are set out below.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and use a shopping cart.
Strictly necessary cookies are essential to enable you to move around this site and use its features and/or services. These cookies allow this site to provide services at the request of users.
End of session
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Performance cookies allow us to update this site to cater for site user preferences and improve performance. They collect information about how this Site is used, e.g. which pages users visit most often and where error messages are delivered. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies individuals. All information is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Some of these cookies are set by or managed for us by third parties.
Third Party (including Google Analytics, YouTube and Affiliate Networks)
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences and previous basket content.
Functional cookies allow this site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, log in details and subscription preferences) and any customisations you make to site pages during your visit. They are also necessary to provide features and services specific to individual users, for example subscription services.
Up to 6 Months
Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits on this site in order to make advertising both on this site and other websites you subsequently visit relevant to you and your interests, to limit the number of times those adverts are served to you and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
This website uses the following targeting/advertising cookies:
Up to 6 Months